I’m Richard C. (Rick) Gerkin, Ph.D., a neuroscientist and scientific software developer at Arizona State University.
My interests and goals are:
- Neuroinformatics and promoting efficient use of neurophysiology data.
- Creating and sharing reproducible, extensible neurophysiology models.
- Solving the stimulus-percept problem in human olfaction.
- Using statistical models and machine learning to improve disease prediction.
Software projects I manage:
- SciDash, a software infrastructure for data-driven validation of scientific models, consisting of:
- Pyrfume, a project to discover and analyze olfactory psychophysics data.
- Recording Artist, an acquisition and analysis suite for use with Igor Pro.